Saturday, October 14, 2017

Time flies

I've slowed down a little bit on blogging.  I got busy there for awhile with other 'stuff'.  You know how it is.  But I have finished a few things.

These will catch you up.  I've drawn a few zentangles and practiced shading.  I really try to trick your eye and show different layers.  You may have to click the photo to see it.


And I made a baby quilt using precut 2.5 inch strips.  It's my first time using them and I'm not sure I like them.  The edges aren't pinked so I had a lot of threads to trim.  There seem to be a lot of ways to use them to create different designs for quilts but I wanted to throw this together quickly.  I practiced a little free motion quilting on the borders.  The rest is just straight stitch.  As you can see, I haven't quite mastered the art of 'true' color editing but you get the idea.







I don't usually add a label but I've seen so much about the importance to do so for future reference so I added one.   I used the monogram function on my machine.  I attached it with fusible but I plan to stitch it down.  I need to buy different scissors for trimming between the letters.  Mine just don't cut close enough.  Any recommendations?  I think next time I'll use a less contrasting color thread for the lettering.  I'm not sure I like the 'boldness' of the brown.


So as you can see, even though I haven't been blogging quite as often, I'm still getting some productive time in.

Hope you have a good day.

-- Pat

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a very colorful baby quilt. The zentangles are fun. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete