Friday, September 29, 2017

9..8..7..6....

Just in the nick of time.  Actually the deadline is Sept. 30 at 11:55 pm.  My OMG - One Monthly Goal is finished.  My goal was to take this unloved quilt top...


and turn it into a fun twin bed quilt:   My idea was to add a few borders, quilt it and be done.  I couldn't find any fabric I wanted and nothing made me love it.  So I cut it up and used the fabrics and hexie flowers to create the 'fun' quilt.   Here are photos along the way:




The lighting is wrong for the following photos.  The colors are much brighter than this shows.  I quilted it with a meandering stitch and machine stitched the binding.  Here it is:  Ta Da!
















I'm linking up Patty of Elm Street Quilts.  Pop over and check out others who finished their goals in time.

Hope you had a good day.

-- Pat


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your OMG done! I know you weren't sure you would. A great save. Love those bright blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did...so fun to look at! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference!!!! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my what a transformation - great job

    ReplyDelete