Saturday, September 23, 2017

It's a 2fer

I found some paper-pieced blocks I made a few years ago and decided to use eight to make a zippered bag.  These are the photos:

Front

Back

I'll have to find a use for it so that it's out all the time where I can enjoy it.  I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts - Bag It 2017.  Follow the link to see other bag entries.  Or you could enter one yourself.

Also, I've finished another zentangle.  There used to be a blogger who would release a mandala template each week to be used for tangling.  I really enjoy doing mandalas but I haven't found any that aren't for coloring.  There are books that instruct how to create mandalas.  But being how I am, who needs a book?!  I took a roll of duct tape and used it to draw a bunch of intersecting circles and used that to tangle.  I drew it on a sheet of copy paper then photocopied it onto 8 1/2 x 11 inch card stock.  It isn't a mandala but it served it's purpose.  I wanted to practice different tangles and shading.



Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

-- Pat

6 comments:

  1. Yet another pretty bag. 'Love those fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to use your paperieced blocks for the bag! Love it, so happy and great colors!
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun and cute bag! Plus you used up a few orphan blocks. That's definitely a win/win. I have to ask, why is your zentangle not a Mandala?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a leftover block. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! You do need to keep it out at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great bag, and a great way to use up extra blocks! I probably have some downstairs that would like to come out of hibernation - I should go look for them :D

    ReplyDelete